behold the dawn
where the earth
unveils color as she
dances for the warming rays
embrace the night
last tendrils of color
extinguished is day
The wordpress weekly photo challenge was Saturated. When I thin of saturated I think of the way that color absorbs light. Dawn and Sunset seemed the two times of day when color saturates our earth.
Inspired by photographers:
- As The Light Fades… | Fallengirlforever’s Photography Blog
- Glorious Harvest Colors | Home’s Cool!
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Saturated | 2013 Weekly Photo Challenge Blog
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Saturated | Memory Catcher
- WPC: Saturated or Guate/Street/Art II | Made Up of Borrowings
- Weekly photo challenge : saturated | Fallengirlforever’s Photography Blog
- wall. flowers. windows. color. | marsowords
- Family Day At Kemah Boardwalk | this man’s journey
- Wall. Flowers. Windows. Color. | See Diving
- Weekly photo challenge –…
View original post 966 more words
Blogging friends I need your help! I was chatting online during the week with one of my blogging friends Pleun over at La Vida Loca about how I hope to participate in the forthcoming Twitter event #pitchmad in the first week of September. I said that I was feeling particularly uninspired after my illness and she suggested that I recruit your advice as I have done on so many occasions.
As most of you know I am totally pants at Twitter but have been improving gradually with the help of two of my Twitter buddies, Megan at Cowboys and Crossbones and Rebecca at Clanmother (who’s well-timed quotes always manage to raise my spirits even on the bluest days).
The idea is that in 140 characters to include #pitchmad, I pitch a book idea to any literary agents that will be participating in the event. I was thinking that maybe just…
View original post 44 more words
Oh Dog! DeDe here with another tip to make you look and feel your best!
This week’s tip: Your true beauty comes from your unique self.
Each human has his or her unique talents, traits, and quirks.
So why do they try so hard to all look and act alike?
They want to be fashionable, so they all wear the same clothes.
They want to be beautiful, so they have surgery to alter their body.
They use the same slang to look cool.
Here’s a secret us dogs know: These folks are trying to be someone besides themselves. And that means they’re not happy with who and what they are.
That face lift or boob job might get you more attention, but does it really make you beautiful?
Truth is, beauty is subjective. To be sure, most people have similar ideas of beauty, but that’s because that’s what they were…
View original post 70 more words